Fairtrade Banana Oat Bites
We adapted this recipe from Heidi Swanson’s 101 Cookbooks recipe for Nikki’s Healthy Cookie Recipe. We substituted in some Fairtrade goodies and added peanut butter because who doesn’t love peanut butter & bananas! It’s simple and delicious, with no added sugar and can be made gluten free if you seek out GF oats! Enjoy, Fairtrade banana lovers!!
- 1 ½ cup mashed Equifruit Fairtrade bananas (about 4 small or 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ coconut oil (melted, but not hot)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Fairtrade shredded coconut (we used Camino’s unsweetened)
- ½ tsp Fairtrade cinnamon (we used Cha’s true cinnamon)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 6-7 oz Fairtrade chocolate chips (we used Camino’s bittersweet!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine bananas, vanilla, coconut oil and peanut butter. In a separate bowl, combine the oats, coconut, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips. Place small balls of dough on a baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes (just before the bottoms start to burn)!
Final step: ENJOY!! Especially knowing these are good for your health, and the for farmers and workers who grew the products!