Fairtrade Banana Peanut Buttercups
- 1 cup Fairtrade dark chocolate chips (or Fairtrade bar, cut up into pieces)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (regular or almond is best)
- 1 Fairtrade organic Equifruit banana, peeled and sliced into equal rounds (for mini cups cut each round in half)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, your choice!)
- 1 tablespoon Fairtrade coconut oil, (unrefined extra-virgin preferred)
- 12 regular baking cups (or 24 mini’s)
- Heat the chocolate chips, milk and vanilla on low in a sauce pan (or microwave for any hard-working, time-pressed, mamas and papas out there!) Stir until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Tip: be careful not to burn! As the chips are covered in liquid, they’ll melt fast.
- Add a generous tablespoon of chocolate to each baking cup (there should be some left over).
- Place one piece of Fairtrade banana on top and press gently to keep it in place.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix together with the peanut butter. If the peanut butter is hard, heat it up to soften it a bit and continue mixing.
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter mixture to each baking cup.
- Add remaining chocolate onto a final layer of each cup.
- Place in the freezer, and they will be ready to consume after about an hour!
Serve immediately after removing them from the freezer. They’re delicious when bananas are still frozen, like a mini scoop of ice cream!